Consecrate Your Hearts
3 Days of Decentralized Prayer
March 1st – March 3rd
The greatest form of preparation for our move is the preparation of the heart. Please join us for 3 days of decentralized family prayer. Our prayers will unite us throughout the city, from kitchen tables to break-room lunches, from bedroom quiet times to missional communities we lift our hearts in celebration, with confidence, and for the sake of consecration. Rejoice that the Father hears every prayer!
March 1st, Wednesday – Celebrate the Past
“This day is holy to the Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” (Neh 8:9) The Lord has faithfully led us, revealing to us that we are his beloved children. He has opened our hearts to receive the Holy Spirit more fully, given us vision for our neighborhoods, and inspired us to bring home the lost and make beautiful this city. Today Navah has much to celebrate!
- Set aside time to remember the ways God has fulfilled his promises to you and to the Navah family over the past 11 years.
- Together we pray as Nehemiah did, “In all that has happened you have remained righteous and acted faithfully!” Thank you Father, for sealing us in sonship and calling us together as a prayerful family on mission.
- Further Reading: Nehemiah 8-9
March 2nd, Thursday – Confidence for the Future
“So do not throw away your confidence, for in due time it will be richly rewarded.” (Heb 10:35) Our hearts can be confident in this, that the Lord will never leave us or forsake us, that his love has the power to transform lives, and that his gospel will continue to advance until his glory covers the earth. As great as our capacity is to imagine his work in the future the Lord has told us he is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine!
- Take time to dream about the future and ask for the things on your heart. How will the Lord exceed expectations for your life, your marriage, your job, or your Missional Community?
- Pray for the Navah family, “God, increase our faith and grow our confidence in you as the God of immeasurably more.”
- Further Reading: Ephesians 3:14-20
March 3rd, Friday – Consecrate the Present
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.” Romans 12:1 Consecration is an opportunity to declare our lives as sacred and set apart for a holy purpose. Tonight we gather as a family to set apart our hearts to the Lord and consecrate our new home as a light to Kansas City.
- Invite the Holy Spirit to search your heart and prepare you to surrender your life to him again. If the Lord reveals any way in which you’ve conformed to the culture above the kingdom ask for his forgiveness and embrace his tender mercy afresh.
- Further Reading Joshua 3:1-5